The core values of Simply Fancy Dress are honesty, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. If you are happy with our service, please tell others, if there is anything we can help you with, please tell us!
Customer Services Opening Times
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Methods of Payment
We accept payment by debit or credit card or PayPal. We are sorry but we cannot accept cheques or cash. Please note that no order will be dispatched for shipping until it is paid for in full.
We pride ourselves in maintaining high stock levels. Our website runs on a 'real time' database based on available stock, therefore the majority of costumes showing on the website are available in our main warehouse for 1 working day delivery. A very small number of items are stored in a remote warehouse. These items are available for despatch the next working day after orders which are placed before 3pm. This is clearly advised on the product page and throughout the checkout process and you will be given the option of 2, 3 or 5 working day shipping instead.
Our system is configured to alert you within the product page should an item be awaiting supplier delivery, which should be taken into account when considering shipping times. Similarly, if an item is out of stock and not showing a date due in, then we have not yet received confirmation of the delivery date from our suppliers.
We can assure you that you can be confident that when making a purchase, the selected items will be available for shipment.
Order Cancellation: Pre-Shipment
If you wish to cancel an order or part order transaction before it is shipped, please do so immediately via telephone. You will not be charged any penalty whatsoever and your payment method will also be cancelled. If the order has been picked and packed then the Post-Shipment cancellation will apply.
Order Cancellation: Post-Shipment
You may cancel your order up to 14 working days from receipt of your purchase. You will be invited to return the goods in an unopened and unused state for refund. Please see our Returns Policy for more information.
Returns Policy - Cancellation Of Order
All goods purchased from Simply Fancy Dress may be returned for refund within 14 working days from receipt of goods[*].
Before sending the parcel back to us, please click here to create a returns authorisation number. Alternatively you can contact our customer services team You will be asked for the reason for the return plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available if you telephone. You will need to include the Returns Number with your parcel when sending it back to us as failure to do so may result in delay of any refund.
When the returns authorisation number has been created, you will be advised of a date at which the goods must be returned to our premises for refund. This date will be 14 calendar days from notification of the return.
Failure to return the goods by the given date may result in a delay in your refund and although we will be happy to accept the item(s) back when received after the return by date but within 30 calendar days of the original notification date, we will only be able to offer a refund of the goods to the value of 50% of the purchase price (excluding shipping).
Please note that unfortunately we will are unable to accept back goods which are received 30 calendar days after the original notification date.
Items such as stockings, panties and wigs adhere to our strict policy and we ask our customers not to open or try-on any of these products until they are happy it suits their needs. For items such as contact lenses the packaging will need to be unopened and without exception not tried on or tested. This is for obvious hygienic reasons. Any of these items returned might not be refunded if found to be worn.
May we please ask you to additionally note:
- You must take care of our goods whilst they are in your possession and any item for return must be received back in its original shipped condition and with all original packing. The item must be without damage or use and in a suitable condition for resale. We cannot accept returns for refund if such items have been opened from a sealed package (Costumes do not typically come in sealed packages and you can try them on). All items will be inspected on their return to our warehouse.
- We are not a manufacturer, so the whole product and packaging must be returned in the same condition as you would have received it and how you may expect to receive it. If the product or packaging is in any way missing or damaged, we cannot refund.
- That you or your carrier are responsible for any returned goods until they reach our warehouse. Cost and risk of return will be at your expense and we strongly recommend that you receive proof of posting or use a full tracked service such as Royal Mail's "Recorded Signed" service. You may like to opt for a service with higher compensation should an item be valuable.
- We regret that premium outbound shipping, packing and insurance cannot be refunded.
- We try to make refunds within one week of receipt of goods back to us though promise to make all refunds within 30 calendar days from cancellation. Please note that we will not be held liable for any interest payment that you may incur because any refund was made outside of your credit/debit card timescales.
- Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice including the Returns Authorisation Number. Any returned items not including such information may well be delayed.
- Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as 'In Dispute'. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you; otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
- We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace an item until the original is returned to Simply Fancy Dress. If you need an item in a hurry, we suggest you place a second order for the new item and send the original back at a later date.
- Sometimes and especially if goods are purchased in advance for a present or delivered while on holiday, aforementioned 14 day response timescales can be missed. Therefore, without prejudice and as a gesture of goodwill, we are happy to consider the following remedy on a case by case basis:
- Should you wish to cancel the contract between 14 working days and 30 calendar days from receipt of goods, we will be happy to accept the item(s) back with refund of the goods to the value of 70% of the purchase price (excluding shipping).
- Should you wish to cancel the contract after 30 calendar days, we will have no obligation to refund. If the returned item has been received to our warehouse and you wish the item resent to you, we will ask for a nominal fee to cover additional shipping costs.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
[*] "14 working days from receipt of goods" shall be defined as 14 working days after the date of signature of receipt of goods.
All of our products come with our 30 day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for exchange or refund of original purchase price. This does not effect your Statutory Rights.
Returns Policy - Faulty Goods
Should a product be faulty, please let us know as soon as possible.
Where we are advised of the fault within 30 calendar days after you have received the item, we will happily provide you with a full refund or replacement of the faulty product.
Should you notify us of a faulty product within 30 days and 6 months after delivery, the Company will endeavour to replace or repair the item and, only in instances where this is not possible, will a full refund be offered on any returned item or a partial refund should you wish to keep the product.
Faults which are notified to the Company after 6 months after the receipt of the item will require proof that the item was defective on receipt.
We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our approval.
Before sending the parcel back to us, please contact us for a Returns Authorisation Number. You will be asked for the reason for the return plus whether the item has been used. In addition, you will need to confirm your name, order number and postcode, so please have these available.
Please return the goods to the address on the top of your receipt/invoice and ensure that you include the Returns Number with your parcel back to us as failure to do so will result in delay of any refund or replacement.
Any returned goods that we receive which are outside of this Returns Policy will be defined as 'In Dispute'. Such In Dispute items will not be refunded or exchanged. A reason for this decision will be provided. We are happy to re-ship such In Dispute items back to you, otherwise they will be destroyed within 91 calendar days from their receipt back to us.
We are sorry but due to false promises in the past, we are unable to replace a faulty item until the original is returned to Simply Fancy Dress'.
All images which portray costumes or items are used with the permission of the Copyright holder. Simply Fancy Dress makes every effort to maintain clear descriptions and endeavour to use such 'up to date' images that are representative and truly reflect the item to be purchased. However Simply Fancy Dress cannot be held responsible for [a] any perception you may have in product representation and [b] the manufacturer's obligation of a right to change product specification including colour or design at any time and without notice.
It is also important to note that some colours may vary slightly from what you see on screen to the product ultimately received, depending on your monitor screen resolution and colour/display settings. We are aware that our site looks different on different PC's using different browsers and having different colour and screen resolution settings.
All the prices in the store are shown inclusive and exclusive of VAT where applicable at the prevailing rates. We sell in UK Pounds Sterling (£) and Euros (€).
Example products where VAT is liable or exempt are:
- Adult clothing: Liable.
- Child Clothing: Exempt.
- Toys and Games: Liable.
- Books: Exempt.
- Postage and Shipping: Liable. HMCE dictate we have to charge VAT on Postage and Shipping. Please do not confuse not having to pay VAT on postage stamps from the Post Office.
VAT is applicable to any purchase with a destination address within the UK or EU and is calculated based upon the shipping address detail.If you are a non UK company based in the EU who can supply a VAT number, VAT will not be charged as you are entitled to a zero rated intra EC supply. Please contact us in this instance as we require your VAT Registration number before your order can be processed.
Please see our separate section on VAT to BFPO addresses below.
As at 1st January 2014, the consolidated EU Member States deemed chargeable for VAT are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus[*], Czech Republic, Denmark (except the Faroe Islands and Greenland), Estonia, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany (except Busingen and the Isle of Heligoland), Greece, Hungary, The Republic of Ireland (Eire), Italy (except the communes of Livigno and Campione d'Italia and the Italian waters of Lake Lugano), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearic Islands but excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden and United Kingdom (and the Isle of Man).
[*]except the United Nations buffer zone and the part of Cyprus to the north of the buffer zone, where the Republic of Cyprus does not exercise effective control
The following countries and territories are outside the EC fiscal (VAT) area: The Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Andorra, San Marino, The Aland Islands, The Canary Islands, The overseas departments of France (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, St Pierre and Miquelon and French Guiana), Mount Athos, Gibraltar and The Vatican City. VAT is not payable at any other destination within the rest of the world.
EU Member States Source: HM Customs & Excise.
Please be aware however that Import Duties will be deemed payable to imports outside of the UK and EU, including The Canary Islands.
VAT - British Forces (BFPO)
Due to the complexities of VAT and the sometimes anonymous nature of serving Forces addresses overseas, (including Naval ships) our stance is to add VAT to any BFPO postal address by default. European static BFPO address numbers including UK, Northern Ireland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, and Denmark are liable for VAT on applicable goods from Simply Fancy Dress.
- You are a UK citizen in a European Member State and normal VAT rules do apply.
- With the exception of most child clothing and books, VAT is charged on all other product lines including adult costumes and accessories.
- Article 15.10 of Council Directive 77/388/CEE needs further clarification. However and in the interim we will be happy to zero rate products if:
- We receive the original 'Request For Exemption' Certificate prior to your order being placed.
- The certificate must be signed by a Commanding Officer, Regiment Accountant or similar standing rank, authorised to do so.
- We will need to create a manual invoice, so you may include your order and payment details with your original Exemption Certificate.
- We will not retrospectively zero rate any order already received, invoiced and shipped.
- We are not obliged to honour the directive and reserve the right to cancel, amend or otherwise terminate this practice without notice.
We will be happy not to charge VAT on any International static BFPO address number such as Belize, Gibraltar, Nepal, USA, Canada and Brunei though we will need to raise a manual invoice. Please contact us should your BFPO address fall under this group and we will happily raise a manual invoice for you.
Credit Card Security
No credit or debit card or similar information is held by Simply Fancy Dress.
Prior to shipping, we reserve the right to decline, reject or similarly cancel any order or part order without notice and refund any payment in full.
All prices are correct at time of publication. Simply Fancy Dress reserves the right to change, alter or amend any price at any time without notice. Should a product price decrease since an original purchase, contractually we are not obligated to refund the difference. Similarly, should an increase occur prior to purchase, we are not obligated to sell at the previous lower price.
All goods remain the property of Abscissa.Com Limited until paid for in full.