The core values of Simply Fancy Dress are honesty, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. If you are happy with our service, please tell others, if there is anything we can help you with, please tell us!
Customer Services Opening Times
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Methods of Payment
We accept payment by debit or credit card or PayPal. We are sorry but we cannot accept cheques or cash. Please note that no order will be dispatched for shipping until it is paid for in full.
We pride ourselves in maintaining high stock levels. Our website runs on a 'real time' database based on available stock, therefore the majority of costumes showing on the website are available in our main warehouse for 1 working day delivery. A very small number of items are stored in a remote warehouse. These items are available for despatch the next working day after orders which are placed before 3pm. This is clearly advised on the product page and throughout the checkout process and you will be given the option of 2, 3 or 5 working day shipping instead.
Our system is configured to alert you within the product page should an item be awaiting supplier delivery, which should be taken into account when considering shipping times. Similarly, if an item is out of stock and not showing a date due in, then we have not yet received confirmation of the delivery date from our suppliers.
We can assure you that you can be confident that when making a purchase, the selected items will be available for shipment.
Order Cancellation: Pre-Shipment
If you wish to cancel an order or part order transaction before it is shipped, please do so immediately via telephone. You will not be charged any penalty whatsoever and your payment method will also be cancelled. If the order has been picked and packed then the Post-Shipment cancellation will apply.
Order Cancellation: Post-Shipment
You may cancel your order up to 14 working days from receipt of your purchase. You will be invited to return the goods in an unopened and unused state for refund. Please see our Returns Policy for more information.
All of our products come with our 30 day guarantee where you may return faulty goods for exchange or refund of original purchase price. This does not effect your Statutory Rights.
Any goods purchased from Simply Fancy Dress may be returned for refund within 14 working days from receipt of goods[*].
Returns are subject to the following:
- You must follow our instructions for returning goods.
- Items must be returned within 14 working days from receipt of goods[*].
- Items must be unused, in a saleable condition and in original product packaging.
- Makeup, teeth and underwear must be unopened and unused.
We do not refund shipping costs: it is your responsibility to return items to us.
This Returns Policy does not affect your statutory rights.
- Include the delivery note or a copy of your email invoice with the goods. Send the goods in appropriate packaging.
- Refunds will be made to the card that was used for the original purchase. Refunds are processed as soon as possible. Your bank/credit card provider can take up to five working days to credit your account after we have notified them of a refund.
- We recommend using a traceable service offering proof of delivery such as Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class. Simply Fancy Dress cannot be held responsible if anything is lost, stolen or damaged in transit.
All images which portray costumes or items are used with the permission of the Copyright holder. Simply Fancy Dress makes every effort to maintain clear descriptions and endeavour to use such 'up to date' images that are representative and truly reflect the item to be purchased. However Simply Fancy Dress cannot be held responsible for [a] any perception you may have in product representation and [b] the manufacturer's obligation of a right to change product specification including colour or design at any time and without notice.
It is also important to note that some colours may vary slightly from what you see on screen to the product ultimately received, depending on your monitor screen resolution and colour/display settings. We are aware that our site looks different on different PC's using different browsers and having different colour and screen resolution settings.
All the prices in the store are shown inclusive and exclusive of VAT where applicable at the prevailing rates. We sell in UK Pounds Sterling (£) and Euros (€).
Example products where VAT is liable or exempt are:
- Adult clothing: Liable.
- Child Clothing: Exempt.
- Toys and Games: Liable.
- Books: Exempt.
- Postage and Shipping: Liable. HMCE dictate we have to charge VAT on Postage and Shipping. Please do not confuse not having to pay VAT on postage stamps from the Post Office.
VAT is applicable to any purchase with a destination address within the UK or EU and is calculated based upon the shipping address detail.If you are a non UK company based in the EU who can supply a VAT number, VAT will not be charged as you are entitled to a zero rated intra EC supply. Please contact us in this instance as we require your VAT Registration number before your order can be processed.
Please see our separate section on VAT to BFPO addresses below.
As at 1st January 2014, the consolidated EU Member States deemed chargeable for VAT are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus[*], Czech Republic, Denmark (except the Faroe Islands and Greenland), Estonia, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany (except Busingen and the Isle of Heligoland), Greece, Hungary, The Republic of Ireland (Eire), Italy (except the communes of Livigno and Campione d'Italia and the Italian waters of Lake Lugano), Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearic Islands but excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden and United Kingdom (and the Isle of Man).
[*]except the United Nations buffer zone and the part of Cyprus to the north of the buffer zone, where the Republic of Cyprus does not exercise effective control
The following countries and territories are outside the EC fiscal (VAT) area: The Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Andorra, San Marino, The Aland Islands, The Canary Islands, The overseas departments of France (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion, St Pierre and Miquelon and French Guiana), Mount Athos, Gibraltar and The Vatican City. VAT is not payable at any other destination within the rest of the world.
EU Member States Source: HM Customs & Excise.
Please be aware however that Import Duties will be deemed payable to imports outside of the UK and EU, including The Canary Islands.
VAT - British Forces (BFPO)
Due to the complexities of VAT and the sometimes anonymous nature of serving Forces addresses overseas, (including Naval ships) our stance is to add VAT to any BFPO postal address by default. European static BFPO address numbers including UK, Northern Ireland, Germany, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, and Denmark are liable for VAT on applicable goods from Simply Fancy Dress.
- You are a UK citizen in a European Member State and normal VAT rules do apply.
- With the exception of most child clothing and books, VAT is charged on all other product lines including adult costumes and accessories.
- Article 15.10 of Council Directive 77/388/CEE needs further clarification. However and in the interim we will be happy to zero rate products if:
- We receive the original 'Request For Exemption' Certificate prior to your order being placed.
- The certificate must be signed by a Commanding Officer, Regiment Accountant or similar standing rank, authorised to do so.
- We will need to create a manual invoice, so you may include your order and payment details with your original Exemption Certificate.
- We will not retrospectively zero rate any order already received, invoiced and shipped.
- We are not obliged to honour the directive and reserve the right to cancel, amend or otherwise terminate this practice without notice.
We will be happy not to charge VAT on any International static BFPO address number such as Belize, Gibraltar, Nepal, USA, Canada and Brunei though we will need to raise a manual invoice. Please contact us should your BFPO address fall under this group and we will happily raise a manual invoice for you.
Credit Card Security
No credit or debit card or similar information is held by Simply Fancy Dress.
Prior to shipping, we reserve the right to decline, reject or similarly cancel any order or part order without notice and refund any payment in full.
All prices are correct at time of publication. Simply Fancy Dress reserves the right to change, alter or amend any price at any time without notice. Should a product price decrease since an original purchase, contractually we are not obligated to refund the difference. Similarly, should an increase occur prior to purchase, we are not obligated to sell at the previous lower price.
All goods remain the property of Abscissa.Com Limited until paid for in full.